Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom has been making these for me for 25+ years! They are super easy and don't contain anything strange or unhealthy! They work fine with natural peanut butter that doesn't require stirring or refrigeration. I'm not sure about natural peanut butter that does require refrigeration, but I'd love to hear if anyone tries it! (prep time doesn't include chilling)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups non-fat powdered milk, sifted to remove any lumps
- Stir peanut butter and honey together in a large bowl. (by hand!).
- Gradually add powdered milk.
- Roll into balls slightly smaller than a walnut. If the mixture is way too sticky to roll, add a little more powdered milk.
- Place on a plate in a single layer and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap or transfer to an airtight container if you're going to store these for more than a day or so.
I a really huge fan of extra chunky peanut butter, even though I use the creamy stuff when making my dogs some of their favorite biscuits! So, that's what I used here, the extra chunky kind! And since I had some very thick whipped Montana honey, I used that & these little tasties were absolutely wonderful! Great, too, on a toothpick, dipped in chocolate! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]