Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Addicting!!! Chocolate/Peanut butter-what more could you ask for!!
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- multicolored sugar nonpareils
- Filling: In medium bowl mix confectioners sugar, butter, milk, gran.
- sugar and vanilla w/hands til blended, mix in peanut butter.
- Line jelly roll pan w/wax paper.
- Roll heaping tsp of filling into 3/4" balls.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hrs or til firm.
- Melt chocolate& shortening in small saucepan and scrape into small bowl.
- One at a time, spear Peanut butter balls on toothpick and dip into melted chocolate.
- Lift out, let chocolate drip off.
- Return to lined pan.
- Before chocolate sets, sprinkle w/non-pareils.
- 10-15 minutes to firm chocolate.
- store airtight for up to 2 weeks.
Simple and easy. I like that.
My family insists on these every Christmas! I use red and green sprinkles to make them look festive. Fun to make, too. Kids love to help with the sprinkles.
This recipe is very dry! Very frustrating when you dip the PB balls in chocolate and they fall apart!