Recipe by tasmith1
I found this recipe years ago in our local newspaper and my husband, who is a huge peanut butter lover, begged me to make them. Well, I did and they have been a holiday favorite ever since! I usually end of having to make them twice because they are all gone by the time Christmas comes around! I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does. Just a side note, the peanut butter mixture can be hard to stir, I usually end up having my husband do it for a while because my arm gets tired!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 12 ounces crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (1 lb) box confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 (24 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces hershey plain chocolate candy bars
- 1⁄3 lb canning paraffin wax (about 1/3 of a bar paraffin)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot melt the stick of butter over medium-low heat, take pot off of stove, add powdered sugar, peanut butter and cereal.
- Using your hands, form the peanut butter mixture into balls (you may want to refrigerate after forming).
- Melt chocolate chips, chocolate bar and paraffin wax in a double boiler. Dip balls (I usually use a fork to dip them so the chocolate runs out through the tines) into chocolate and put on wax paper. Let the balls harden in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Make sure to store them in a cool place.