Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my aunt who would make them every Christmas. If you like chocolate and peanut butter you will love these!
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 lb butter (warm)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 gulf paraffin wax block (3 in x 3 in)
- Mix powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla together and chill for one hour.
- Melt chocolate chips and wax in double boiler.
- After filling has chilled, form into golf ball sized balls and drop into chocolate.
- Remove with a fork or toothpick and place on wax paper. Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!
The kids really liked these. Who can go wrong with pb balls,eh? Thanks for sharing.Made for Spring PAC,2011.
My great aunt Sis Keithley would make these balls around Christmas-time, but in different proportions of peanut butter and butter. A "12 oz jar of crunchy peanut butter" and 2 sticks of "butter or oleo". I'm sure the taste is similar and I loved these! They taste similar to Reese's peanut butter cups.