Recipe by MilanzMom
Kid Friendly and Easy to Make Treat (I found this recipe in a magazine, but it is credited to Kansas State University Family Nutrition Program)
Top Review by JeanieMcE
I needed a quick cookie to add to a tray and stirred these up. They are fast and very good. I didn't have nonfat dry milk so I substituted hazelnut non-dairy creamer. I used a little less than the 1/2 cup called for and they had a nice, subtle nutty flavor. Not as nutritious this way (sorry KU Family Nutrition Program), but very good. For kids, I would use the milk. We liked the outside coating not too fine.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the first four ingredients and 1/4 cup of the rice cereal.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place remaining rice cereal in zip-top plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush to fine.
- Place balls in plastic bag and shake the cereal coating mix all over each.
- Makes approximately 18 balls that should be stored in air tight container in the refrigerator.