Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
Like peanuts? This is for you--a hit the year I made them. Enjoy!
Make and share this Peanut-Butter Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup margarine (soft)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg white (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (very finely chopped)
- Beat margarine with sugar replacement until creamy.
- Add vanilla, water and flour, mixing well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Form into 1-in ball, dip into beaten egg whites and roll in chopped peanuts.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
I had a bumper pecan crop this year so I substituted pecans for peanuts. The cookies looked beautiful; however, they were not sweet-tasting to me. Of course, I am not diabetic, so that may have made the difference. I am going to make a new batch for my diabetic daughter-in-law and add a little more sweetener. Perhaps they will taste better to me. I will make these for my next 50-Plus meeting. We have several diabetics in there.
God these were great. Thanks for posting.