Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom made these every Christmas when I was a little girl. I'm not sure where the recipe came from.
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 -3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Dough will be loose.
- Form 1- 2 inch balls from the dough.
- Dip the balls in chocolate with either a toothpick or a fork.
- Set on wax paper and cool.
- Makes 3 dozen.
We live in Ohio and we call these "buckeyes". Very yummy!