Recipe by Jenny White
I always make these tasty little treats as part of my Christmas candy, but they are good all year long. If you don't want to go to all the trouble of shaping into balls, just press the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of a 8 X 9 Pyrex dish and cover with chocolate. Let cool and cut into squares. Great either way.
Top Review by Chef Amira
I followed the recipe exactly as is but the peanut butter mixture turned out to be very soft and runny. i couldn't rolls them into balls. i think it was too much butter and not enough graham crackers. and, when i did manage to roll them into ball, they would melt and become more like a cookie. but the worst part is when i tried to coat them with the chocolate, they meleted and it became a mess. i don't know why it didn't work, can someone please troubleshoot, cuz i love them so much and i want to make them again but i can't figure out why they turned out so gooey
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter, I like to use natural (it just makes them better in my opinion)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 piece paraffin wax (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, add in peanut butter, powdered sugar and cracker crumbs.
- Mix well.
- Shape into walnut size balls.
- If you are using paraffin, melt it in a double boiler first.
- Melt in chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- With a tooth pick, tongs or long wooden skewer, dip balls into chocolate.
- Place on wax paper to cool.
- Note: It is optional to melt in 1/2 piece of paraffin with the chocolate. I don't do this and mine always turn out fine. The paraffin makes them shine and the chocolate will harden faster and not melt in your hands.