Recipe by Singin'Chef
Another way to get a bit of protein into people around here! (And it never hurts to find one more reason to eat chocolate for breakfast!) Modified from tastykitchen.com. I want to try it with another nut butter, coconut oil, coconut milk, shredded coconut, a little dried papaya or pineapple, and white chocolate! I can see endless possibilities here!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter, natural preferred
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk (I used rice milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven - 350 degrees. Spray 8x8, 9x9, or 7x11 baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips; blend well. Spread evenly in pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, pressing down lightly. Bake 20-25 minutes - depends on pan size - til edges are golden brown. (I used a 7x11 pan and it was done in 20 minutes!).