Recipe by Ceezie
Serve with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Mix two tablespoons of caramel sauce with a tablespoon of peanut butter for a decadent sauce. Recipe Source: American Profile
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled back for 3 and baked in a small square corning ware dish. I didn't add the water but did the lemon juice as I feel apples tend to leech enough juice during the cooking process otherwise made as per recipe, serving with French vanilla yoghurt and baking at 175C fan forced for 35 minutes for a very delicious dessert that we all enjoyed, thank you Ceezie, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 6 -8 green apples, pared and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange apple slices in bottom of a lightly oiled 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Mix lemon juice and water and pour over apples. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Mix remaining ingredients until crumbly. Spread evenly over the apples.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown.