Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a delicious. Great for brown bag lunches and picnics.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 177.44 ml chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml chunky applesauce
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- Cream first three ingredients together (peanut butter, brown sugar and butter).
- Beat in egg and applesauce.
- Add dry ingredients, being sure to mix them together on their own first.
- Pour in greased and floured 8" square pan and bake at 350 degrees 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool before removing.
This was easy to prepare. My son liked it; however, it just seemed to me to be lacking something. It was a bit rich for a snack cake--better for a regular dessert, but I'd put a peanut butter icing on it.
A nice snack cake . Very easy to whip together and bakes up moist . I think this would fit in at any picnic , pot luck , or brunch . Thank You !