Recipe by Cntrygrl160
This is a recipe that has been in my family for awhile.
Top Review by baldwin bistro
great texture---reminiscent of that spice cake from the old elementary cafeteria 20+ yrs ago. Tried the honey pb glaze recommended and it did get gummy. However, I used a reduced -fat PB---definate keeper, plan to leave unfrosted next time, make as cupcakes and serve with homemade applebutter.
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 295.73 ml unbleached flour, sifted
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 236.59 ml applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add them alternately with applesauce.
- Stir until smooth.
- Line a 8x8x2" pan with wax paper.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake about 40 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then turn cake out onto a cooling rack. Peel off wax paper.