Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I swear its good. I eat it at least once a week and have to stop myself from eating a second one. They are sooooo good. My kids like it with ritz cracker rather than bread. Amounts are approximate, if you want more or less of anything, do it. I just posted a typical serving size of each item, I never measure.
- 2 slices bread (your favorite type)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (we like creamy)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 (3 ounce) can tuna
- Toast bread if desired. I like it lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, mix the tuna and the mayo together to make tuna salad.
- Spread half the peanut butter on one side of one slice of bread and top with tuna salad.
- Spread one side of the other slice of bread with the remaining peanut butter and place it over the tuna, peanut butter side down.
- Cut in half if desired and enjoy.
- You can mix things up a little by adding some relish to the tuna or add some crunch with slices of cucumber (cucumber and peanut butter is another favorite sandwich), onion, or diced waterchestnuts.
It's good to see that other people eat this too. I pack them for a hiking trip because of all that protein.
Sounds gross, but this is delicious. I've been eating PB and tuna salad for years. People think I should be put away. Good to see I'm not alone.