Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe courtesy BettyCrocker.com
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl stir all ingredients until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough in half. Using brown rice floured rolling pin, roll each half 1/2 inch thick on brown rice floured surface. Cut with 3-inch cookie cutter. On ungreased cookie sheet, place cutouts about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until dry and golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Store 1 week in dog treat jar, 3 weeks in refrigerator or 2 months in freezer.
- Tip: To dress up your puppy treats, melt 1 cup yogurt chips (available at pet stores) and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in microwavable bowl uncovered on High about 1 minute or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over puppy treats.
- Tip: Check with your vet to make sure that these puppy treats fit into your dog’s diet. Be sure to check the recipe for any known foods or ingredients your pet may be allergic to.