Prep 30 mins
Cook 48 hrs
very rich, impress your friends with this easy recipe. DO NOT FORGET TO KEEP STIRRING THE PUDDING. Chill for at least 24 hours before serving to let it set. Chill pudding before assembling pie
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 store bought pie crust
- Bake pie crust according to directions.
- Mix together 2 1/4 cup of milk and sugar in double boiler and heat thoroughly, stirring constantly.
- In a separate bowl mix thoroughly remaining milk and cornstarch.
- To milk/cornstarch mixture add egg yolks and salt.
- Temper then add slowly to double boiler.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl mix peanut butter and powdered sugar (this will be crumbly).
- Whip cream until fluffy in large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar slowly and whip for 30 seconds.
- Divide peanut butter mixture into thirds.
- Sprinkle 1/3 on bottom of pie crust.
- Add pudding.
- Sprinkle 1/3 on top of pudding.
- Add whipped topping.
- Sprinkle 1/3 on top of whipped topping.
This pie recipe is great for Peanut Butter Pie lovers. I have been using a very similar recipe for years and it's easy, rich and delicious.