Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Don't dismiss it until you try it. You probably have all the ingredients already! The combination is wonderful and even better if the pickles are very garlicky! A great, quick snack that is high in protein, too!
- 2 piece bread, of choice or 1 pita bread
- 29.58 ml peanut butter (I use natural crunchy)
- 1 dill pickle, sliced lengthwise
- Spread peanut butter on on slice of bread.
- Assemble pickles on top of peanut butter.
- Top with remaining slice of bread.
- (Bread can also be toasted before assembly).
I have not tried a peanut butter sandwich with DILL pickles on it, however, I LOVE my peanut butter sandwiches with sliced up sweet gherkin pickles on it! :)
These are really good. I tell people about them and they say 'eww' but they haven't tried them. I like the variation of adding thinly sliced onion to the peanut butter and pickle sandwich. I toast the bread, butter it, then put on the peanut butter, the pickle and the sliced onion. Also, peanut butter and sweet pickle relish sandwiches with a couple drops of Sri Racha Asian Hot sauce I find to be good.
I grew up on peanut butter and pickle sandwiches... for me, it has to be white bread, has to be Vlasic Kosher Dill spears or Sandwich Stackers (can't be hamburger dills, they don't taste the same), and it's always eaten with a tall glass of chocolate milk, LOL.