Recipe by Southern Polar Bear
This recipe is from Hershey's Kitchen.
Top Review by Starrynews
These are delicious little bites! I had a lot of trouble finding peanut butter chips for some reason, but then I found a bag of mixed chocolate and peanut butter chips, so that worked out perfectly for these. Thanks for sharing!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hershey's milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup reese's peanut butter chips, divided
- 2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat 3/4 cup butter and cream cheese in medium bowl; add flour and 1/4 cup sugar, beating until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate about one hour or until dough is firm.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; press each ball onto bottom and up sides of about 36 small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches in diameter).
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine egg, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, melted butter, lemon juice and vanilla in small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Stir together milk chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Set aside 1/3 cup chip mixture; add remaining chips to egg mixture.
- Evenly fill muffin cups with chip mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and lightly browned.
- Cool completely; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup chip mixture and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Drizzle over tops of tassies.