Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
These are so cute--I always make them for the kids when we have sushi. They think they are getting what we have.
Top Review by JAG0913
These are so good and so much fun. Some tips i have are: Microwave the peanut butter to make it easier to spread. Stir the jelly to make it not one big chunck. Only put jelly on a little over the bottom half of the slice. Leave the last edge to be rolled only with peanut butter. After you finish rolling it up roll your hand back and forth to seal the roll. Put in freezer to harden rolls to make it easier to cut slices. Wipe knife with wet and dry towel after each roll. These were fun to make and everyone got a kick out of them. Yummy!
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons jam (pick your favorite) or 2 tablespoons jelly (pick your favorite) or 2 tablespoons preserves (pick your favorite)
- 2 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crusts from bread. With a rolling pin or large soup can, completely flatten bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of fruit spread on each slice of bread.
- Roll each slice into a tight spiral. Cut each spiral into 4 pieces.