These are so cute--I always make them for the kids when we have sushi. They think they are getting what we have.
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons jam (pick your favorite) or 2 tablespoons jelly (pick your favorite) or 2 tablespoons preserves (pick your favorite)
- 2 slices bread
- Remove crusts from bread. With a rolling pin or large soup can, completely flatten bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of fruit spread on each slice of bread.
- Roll each slice into a tight spiral. Cut each spiral into 4 pieces.
These are so good and so much fun. Some tips i have are: Microwave the peanut butter to make it easier to spread. Stir the jelly to make it not one big chunck. Only put jelly on a little over the bottom half of the slice. Leave the last edge to be rolled only with peanut butter. After you finish rolling it up roll your hand back and forth to seal the roll. Put in freezer to harden rolls to make it easier to cut slices. Wipe knife with wet and dry towel after each roll. These were fun to make and everyone got a kick out of them. Yummy!
I've three hungry grandkids and needed something quick and entertaining. This kept me from putting my head in the oven. Thank you!
LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Made for my 7 year olds lunch. She was so excited. Put the whole rolls in the fridge overnight and sliced in the morning. They were much easier to slice cold. Next time will make extra cause my daughter's friends all wanted a taste. :-) Would be super cute for a party or pot luck with kids.