Make and share this Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml Smucker's® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, stirred
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 78.07 ml unsalted butter
- 59.14 ml honey
- 1 large egg
- 473.18 ml Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 354.88 ml Smucker's® Strawberry Jelly or 354.88 ml Smucker's® Concord Grape Jelly
- MIX peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, honey and egg in large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder; add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- REMOVE portions from refrigerator and place each portion between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Roll each portion into a “sheet” about 1/8-inch thick (refrigerate dough again if it becomes too soft to handle.).
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Using a drinking glass or cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles. Using a smaller drinking glass or cookie cutter, cut smaller circles or “windows” in the center of half of the circles. Transfer cookies to a nonstick baking sheet, leaving 1/2 inch between them.
- BAKE all cookies 5 to 6 minutes or just until they begin to brown. Using a spatula, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. When cookies have cooled, spread the jelly on the plain cookies and top with the “window” cookies.