Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
After years of experimentation, I have finally come upon the best tasting (and healthiest) way to satisfy a PB&J craving AND keep my kids healthy. Don't leave out the secret ingredient or it won't be the same. I guessimated the measurements so feel free to adjust to your taste.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (preferably soft)
- 1 teaspoon butter, the secret ingredient
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I use organic smooth)
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam (I use Trader Joe's low sugar)
- Spread a half teaspoon of butter on each slice of bread.
- Spread one slice with peanut butter.
- Swirl jam into peanut butter.
- Cover with other slice of bread.
I had heard of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but I never tried to make one because I felt it seemed too complicated for me to try to make. The sandwich turned out tasting okay but it was very messy. I am thinking maybe I put the sandwich together wrong. Was the peanut butter and jelly supposed to be on the outside of the bread? There was no picture so I assumed it was.
this is stupid slap peanut butter on a piece of bread and jelly on the other and BAM you got your freaking sandwich
I did not have peanut butter in the pantry so I used smashed peanuts with a tablespoon of butter instead. Unfortunately my sandwich was average.. what type of milk should be used? The recipe didn't specify so I bought skim, full fat, longlife and soy? don't think I will be making this again, I was looking forward to this recipe.