Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 45 mins
A peanut lover's dream - chopped peanuts are swirled into a peanut butter dough and topped with peanut butter frosting. From Pillsbury's 'The Complete Book of Baking'. Posted in response to a request, I've not yet tried this recipe.
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast; blend well.
- In small saucepan, heat 2 cups milk until very warm (120 to 130F); Add warm milk and 1/2 cup peanut putter to flour mixture.
- Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, stir in an additional 2 to 2 1/4 cups flour until dough pulls cleanly away from sides of bowl.
- On floured surface, knead in 1/2 to 3/4 cup flour until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in greased bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and cloth towel; Let rise in warm place (80 to 85F) until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Grease 2 9-inch square or round cake pans.
- Punch down dough several times to remove all air bubbles.
- Shape into ball; Roll into 18x12-inch rectangle; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Starting with 18-inch side, roll up tightly, pressing edges to seal.
- Cut into 18 slices; place in greased pans.
- Made deep thumbprint in center of each roll; fill each with 1 teaspoon grape jelly.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Heat over to 350°F Uncover dough.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pans about 5 minutes; Carefully remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over rolls.
These were just incredible! The first batch I made I followed the recipe to the letter; the second batch I used marshmallow creme as a filling (added after the rolls were baked) for a "Fluffernutter" type tribute! I left some of both kinds at home for us and took the rest to work; neither made it past the morning!! I just can't get over how amazing these are! Thank you so much for answering my request!