2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Connie K's Note:
A peanut lover's dream - chopped peanuts are swirled into a peanut butter dough and topped with peanut butter frosting. From Pillsbury's 'The Complete Book of Baking'. Posted in response to a request, I've not yet tried this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2-5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 6 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast; blend well.
- 2In small saucepan, heat 2 cups milk until very warm (120 to 130F); Add warm milk and 1/2 cup peanut putter to flour mixture.
- 3Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- 4By hand, stir in an additional 2 to 2 1/4 cups flour until dough pulls cleanly away from sides of bowl.
- 5On floured surface, knead in 1/2 to 3/4 cup flour until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- 6Place dough in greased bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and cloth towel; Let rise in warm place (80 to 85F) until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 7Grease 2 9-inch square or round cake pans.
- 8Punch down dough several times to remove all air bubbles.
- 9Shape into ball; Roll into 18x12-inch rectangle; sprinkle with peanuts.
- 10Starting with 18-inch side, roll up tightly, pressing edges to seal.
- 11Cut into 18 slices; place in greased pans.
- 12Made deep thumbprint in center of each roll; fill each with 1 teaspoon grape jelly.
- 13Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- 14Heat over to 350°F Uncover dough.
- 15Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 16Cool in pans about 5 minutes; Carefully remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- 17In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency.
- 18Drizzle over rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Jelly Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.5
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 317.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 8.7 g