Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids love these! They also love to help me make them. I let them put the dollops of peanut butter and jelly inside. What fun, and yummy too!
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup jelly
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar mixture (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 -inch thickness. Using a round cookie cutter or glass 3-inches in diameter, cut circles of dough (re-roll leftover dough).
- Place 1/2 teaspoon each of peanut butter and jelly in the center of each circle – do not spread. Wrap dough around filling and pinch shut. Place seam side down on a greased cookie sheet. Brush tops lightly with water or an egg wash, (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water). If desired, sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top before baking.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving; jelly gets extremely hot. To reheat, place in microwave oven on medium heat, about 5 seconds per puff.
Yummy! Take care not to overfill or it's really hard to seal them. Thanks for posting!
Oops! I just realized I forgot to review this recipe! On July 5th I made these using one recipe of Recipe #23565. Absolutely delicious! And what fun they were too! I used an empanada crimper to cut the circles & then fold & crimp them. To speed up the filling step I stirred the PB & J together in a small bowl & then used a toddler spoon to drop a teaspoon of the mixture in each circle. We used smooth PB & Blackberry jelly. Yum! Thanks for sharing, OhSheila! Made & enjoyed for Zaar Chef Alphabet tag game.
I just had to write another review on this. I have shared this with other moms & all the kids love it! We have discovered you can also use biscuit dough, I bought the 39 cent cans & it came out just as yummy. My friend uses cresent dough. Either way you do it, it's fantastic!