This recipe is simplicity itself and delicious because of the heat. The panini maker puts beautiful grill lines on the bread and melts the peanut butter and jelly inside. This is as different from a regular PB&J as a scooter is from a bicycle. Try it, you and your kids will love it.
- 2 slices bread (I prefer multi-grain for nutrition)
- real peanut butter (from Wholefoods of Wild Oats)
- grape jelly
- Spread peanut butter liberally on one slice of bread.
- Spread jelly on the other slice.
- Put the two pieces together.
- Place the sandwich on a pre-heated panini maker.
- Close the top and cook three minutes.
- Remove, slice in half and serve.
- (If you have toddlers, you might wait a minute to let the bread cool slightly for them).