Prep 4 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fast and delicious breakfast.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- jelly, for topping
- Bring water to a boil, then add oats, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins.
- Cook for 5 minutes, checking to make sure it doesn't get too dry. If it is dry, add extra water.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Serve hot with your favorite jelly.
Yum, really tasty oatmeal! I used Craisins in place of the raisins (not a raisin fan), and I topped this with a big dollop of mango jam. Loved the flavors together, and this was the perfect consistency too (not watery, not gloppy). Definitely a breakfast keeper, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall '12
After seeing the photto of this on PAC I knew I had to try it. DH loves PB n J and in a healthy oatmeal dish it made for a filling breakfast with flavors he didn't expect. I used chunky PB and my homemade mixed berry jam and it was delicious. What a wonderful cool weather start to the day.
Delicious oatmeal! The peanut butter is great of course but the addition of the raisins, brown sugar, and especially the cinnamon was just terrific. I topped mine with raspberry preserves and it was really good. Sweet enough but not overly so, this was a filling and comforting breakfast on a chilly morning - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012