Recipe by Geema
Kids of all ages love these muffins.
Top Review by ~Lana~
These were very good but not quite sweet enough for my bunch. Next time I will add a little more sugar. They were very easy to make but be careful to cover the jelly completely with the last layer of peanut butter mixture. If you don't it will bubble out during cooking and get all over the oven! (like mine did :) Great flavor! Used grape jelly as that was all I had on hand. Oh, and they were done in 18 minutes. Thanks for a creative recipe for the old standby PB&J. ~Lana~
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- your favorite jelly or jam or preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together first four ingredients.
- Add peanut butter, cutting it into the flour mix with a fork, or use your food processor, until mixed and crumbly.
- Stir together the egg and milk.
- Add to the flour and peanut butter mix, folding it together just until moistened.
- Place a spoonful of batter into each of 12 greased muffin cups.
- Next, place a teaspoon of jelly in the middle of the half filled muffin tins.
- Top the jelly with the remaining peanut butter batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done.