Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making these for years! They are one of my DH's favorites!
Make and share this Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup jam or 1⁄2 cup preserves, of your choice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin pan with no-stick spray. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add milk, eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, peanut butter and oil to bowl. Combine ingredients on low speed of electric mixer, just until moistened. Do not over beat.
- Fill prepared muffin cups evenly with half of the batter. Place 2 level teaspoons jam or preserves in the center of each muffin. Evenly divide remaining batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
My son is a very picky eater and I actually have to hide them from him. I cut back on the jelly/jam to 1tsp so they are not as messy and added wheat germ for a little extra nutrition. Very tasty!
this muffin recipe is wonderful! the PB flavor really comes through, i used a little more then 2 teaspoons of jam and used raspberry which was wonderful, this is a keeper for sure, thanks for sharing Kitty, this was made for KK's Tag forum event
These muffins are delicious and definitely satisfied my need for peanut butter. They made a great mid-day snack with a glass of milk. Thanks for posting kittycatmom!