Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making these for years! They are one of my DH's favorites!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup jam or 1⁄2 cup preserves, of your choice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin pan with no-stick spray. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add milk, eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, peanut butter and oil to bowl. Combine ingredients on low speed of electric mixer, just until moistened. Do not over beat.
- Fill prepared muffin cups evenly with half of the batter. Place 2 level teaspoons jam or preserves in the center of each muffin. Evenly divide remaining batter between muffin cups. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
Chose this recipe specifically because of the picture. The coarse looking texture just appealed to me. But, mine did not come out exactly like that. It did have some cracks and it was a pretty good sized muffin, as I used every bit of the batter. These muffins were absolutely divine! So moist, flavorful and addicting! I had to stop at one because they are huge! Thank you for posting this, it is a great recipe! My family loves them too!
My son is a very picky eater and I actually have to hide them from him. I cut back on the jelly/jam to 1tsp so they are not as messy and added wheat germ for a little extra nutrition. Very tasty!
this muffin recipe is wonderful! the PB flavor really comes through, i used a little more then 2 teaspoons of jam and used raspberry which was wonderful, this is a keeper for sure, thanks for sharing Kitty, this was made for KK's Tag forum event