Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are AWESOME and HEALTHY! No oil, no sugar, no butter and still amazing!!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sugar preserves (I used strawberry)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine the eggs, apple juice concentrate, peanut butter, milk and butter, stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon half of the batter into cups. Spoon about 1 & 1/4 teaspoons preserves into the center of each; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thanks to pic a chef I picked this recipe to try.
For this recipe I chose to wait until the end to cone in thie jelly.
This turned out good and I am glad I read the review before make this.
I baked these yesterday and my family and I love them! I used skim milk instead of 2% milk. Also, used natural chunky peanut butter. The only problem I had was that a lot of the jam seeped out onto the pan and bottom of the oven. My son wished for more jam in the muffin, but I'm not sure how to prevent it from seeping out. Otherwise, very delicious and easy and healthy! Will definitely be making again!