Recipe by Kelly0412
These are AWESOME and HEALTHY! No oil, no sugar, no butter and still amazing!!
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
Thanks to pic a chef I picked this recipe to try.
For this recipe I chose to wait until the end to cone in thie jelly.
This turned out good and I am glad I read the review before make this.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sugar preserves (I used strawberry)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine the eggs, apple juice concentrate, peanut butter, milk and butter, stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon half of the batter into cups. Spoon about 1 & 1/4 teaspoons preserves into the center of each; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.