from Jessica Seinfeld's new cook book
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup natural-style peanut butter (creamy)
- 1/2 cup carrot, pureed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar or 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons trans-fat free margarine
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-sugar raspberry preserves
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Coat muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or cupcake cups.
- 3Beat together the peanut butter, carrot puree, sugar, and magarine with wooden spoon until well combined. Add yogurt, egg white, yogurt, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Be careful to not over mix, there will be some lumps.
- 4Divide batter among the muffin tin and put a spoonful of preserves on each muffin.
- 5Bake 20 - 25 minutes until muffins tops are slightly brown and they are no longer runny in the middle.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 253.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
trans-fat free margarine
low-sugar raspberry preserves