Recipe by *Parsley*
Fun muffins for kids (and adults, too!).
Top Review by BrotherAdso
Very different muffin recipie! I like cutting the PB into the batter before everything else is added, it gives them a very crumbly, moist texture -- no chewy or springy muffin here. These are a bit of a hassle -- messier than traditional muffins and the wells in the batter are a bit tricky. Also, I reccomend a tad more peanut butter, or use of an all-natural PB, to bring that taste to the top. Used whole wheat flour. Overall, fun and tasty muffin.
- 591.47 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 22.18 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 158.51 ml crunchy peanut butter (or creamy pb)
- 177.44 ml milk
- 78.07 ml oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 283.49 g strawberry jam or 283.49 g grape jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray 12-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in peanut butter with a pastry cutter or fork until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Add milk, oil and eggs and stir until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups to fill only half way. (There should be batter left over). Create a well in each cup of batter and drop about 1 1/2 tbsp of jam into each well.
- Spoon remaining batter over the jam in each muffin cup.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack before removing.