Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fun muffins for kids (and adults, too!).
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter (or creamy pb)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 10 ounces strawberry jam or 10 ounces grape jam
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray 12-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in peanut butter with a pastry cutter or fork until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Add milk, oil and eggs and stir until moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups to fill only half way. (There should be batter left over). Create a well in each cup of batter and drop about 1 1/2 tbsp of jam into each well.
- Spoon remaining batter over the jam in each muffin cup.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack before removing.
Very different muffin recipie! I like cutting the PB into the batter before everything else is added, it gives them a very crumbly, moist texture -- no chewy or springy muffin here. These are a bit of a hassle -- messier than traditional muffins and the wells in the batter are a bit tricky. Also, I reccomend a tad more peanut butter, or use of an all-natural PB, to bring that taste to the top. Used whole wheat flour. Overall, fun and tasty muffin.
Another great one parsley. Sometimes i add kisses in the center instead of jam.
I was not impressed by these muffins. I added another 1/4 c. of milk so that it would spread out, and the overall flavor wasn't too exciting. Not worth the fat from the peanut butter and oil. Perhaps I just didn't have as good of luck, but I probably wont be making these again. If you do make these, be sure to cover the jam with another layer of batter. I also topped with a little turbino sugar. The appearance of these muffins was nice, but the flavor was just not impressive. However, I would like to add that this may be a good recipe for kids to snack on- it just doesn't fit the bill as a nice 'muffin'.