Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Did you know that American GI's are credited with mixing peanut butter and jelly and spreading it on bread?
- Spread 1 tablespoons peanut butter on each of 4 bread slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoons jelly on each of remaining 4 bread slices.
- Place peanut butter coated and jelly coated sides of bread together to form 4 sandwiches.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream and eggs.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat on stovetop, melt 1 tablespoons butter.
- Dip sandwich in egg mixture, and cook in skillet for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.