Did you know that American GI's are credited with mixing peanut butter and jelly and spreading it on bread?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread 1 tablespoons peanut butter on each of 4 bread slices.
- 2Spread 1 tablespoons jelly on each of remaining 4 bread slices.
- 3Place peanut butter coated and jelly coated sides of bread together to form 4 sandwiches.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together cream and eggs.
- 5In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat on stovetop, melt 1 tablespoons butter.
- 6Dip sandwich in egg mixture, and cook in skillet for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- 7Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- 8Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Jelly Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.3
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 177.0 mg
- Sodium 616.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g