Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
You are welcome to select your choice of chunky or smooth peanut butter. Or, your choice of grape, strawberry, or whatever flavor jelly you love! Make it your own! Don't forget to add the gelatin, however! The gelatin is used to offset the peanut butter to keep the ice cream from turning crumbly when hardening. Cooking time reflects cooling time.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 ounces plain gelatin
- 3 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup jelly
- In a medium saucepan combine 1/2 cup sugar with gelatin.
- Stir in 1 cup of the whipping cream; stirring over medium heat until the sugar and gelatin dissolve.
- In a small bowl, beat egg; stir in a little hot cream, then add egg mixture to cream and gelatin and stir.
- Stir mixture over low heat 2 minutes, remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and stir until melted.
- Cool in refrigerator at least 1 hour, or until chilled.
- Add remaining 2 cups whipping cream and vanilla.
- Freeze in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- When ice cream begins to stiffen, swirl in jelly.