2 hrs 30 mins
You are welcome to select your choice of chunky or smooth peanut butter. Or, your choice of grape, strawberry, or whatever flavor jelly you love! Make it your own! Don't forget to add the gelatin, however! The gelatin is used to offset the peanut butter to keep the ice cream from turning crumbly when hardening. Cooking time reflects cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan combine 1/2 cup sugar with gelatin.
- 2Stir in 1 cup of the whipping cream; stirring over medium heat until the sugar and gelatin dissolve.
- 3In a small bowl, beat egg; stir in a little hot cream, then add egg mixture to cream and gelatin and stir.
- 4Stir mixture over low heat 2 minutes, remove from heat.
- 5Add peanut butter and stir until melted.
- 6Cool in refrigerator at least 1 hour, or until chilled.
- 7Add remaining 2 cups whipping cream and vanilla.
- 8Freeze in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- 9When ice cream begins to stiffen, swirl in jelly.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4516.5
- Calories from Fat 3008
- Total Fat 334.3 g
- Saturated Fat 179.3 g
- Cholesterol 1189.6 mg
- Sodium 1203.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 263.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 199.5 g
- Protein 149.4 g