Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from a very nice blog called cupcakesandkalechips.com. Ive modified it a bit to suit my taste even more, though. It is a dessert hummus and tastes sooo good. It gives you all those classic pb&j flavours but is so much better for you. I love it! :)
- 177.44 ml chickpeas, cooked (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 177.44 ml red kidney beans, cooked (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 118.29 ml natural-style peanut butter (I only used a one)
- 39.43 ml black tea (or use non-dairy milk)
- 29.58 ml raspberry jam (or jelly or jam of choice)
- In your food processor or blender combine everything except for the jam and process until really smooth. Depending on your beans and pb you might need to add a tad more or less liquid to this.
- Stir in jam and refrigerate until ready to serve. This is great with fruit and cookies.
I was so intrigued by this recipe I just had to try it and I'm glad I did - it's terrific! I had to use close to double the tea to get the texture I wanted. I think using a tart jelly like raspberry is best to bring out the other flavors of this hummus. I know you said this was a dessert hummus but I enjoyed it for breakfast with baked pita crackers and a nice cup of green tea - yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was different. I tested this recipe with the black tea option. Unusual. I think you could skip the PB and it would work out. Used apple butter. Interesting experiment in the celebrated Cookgirl Laboratory. Made for Veg Tag/March.