Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious twist on french toast.
- 8 slices sprouted whole wheat bread or 8 slices your favorite bread
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter, to taste
- 4 tablespoons jelly, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk, if you prefer
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- maple syrup
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium high heat.
- Make four peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Use more or less peanut butter and jelly as desired.
- Whisk eggs with half and half or milk in shallow bowl.
- Dip each sandwich in mixture, coating both sides.
- Spray skillet with butter and fry until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drizzle with syrup and serve.
This is a great kid pleaser. While it didn't do much for my tastes, the kids loved it. I think this is either ya love it or hate it recipe. I'll be making it again for the kids.
didnt do much for me?