Recipe by shinkler
I'm always trying to create new twists on a classic, and this combines 2 favorites!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon jam (flavor of choice) or 1 tablespoon jelly (flavor of choice)
- 1 slice white bread
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the peanut butter in the bottom of a small bowl and microwave in 15 second intervals until pourable. Mix after each 15 seconds.
- Add the egg into the melted peanut butter and scramble. Make sure to incorporate the peanut butter, it will try to stick to the bottom. Add milk and mix.
- Coat both sides of the slice of bread in the mixture. Give it a minute or two to soak up some of it. In the meantime, heat a small pan and coat with nonstick spray. Add the bread to the pan and cook on each side until golden.
- While the French toast is cooking, put the jam into a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds or until pourable.
- Serve with the melted jam poured over the toast.