Top Review by PixieDust
I made these for breakfast over the weekend. We all loved them, especially the kids. The recipe worked perfectly as written. The sandwiches were delicately crisp on the outside and had the yummy pbj filling on the inside. It is good when you want to have something different for breakfast because we get tired of the same old thing. Thanks.
- 8 slices bread
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons jelly or 4 tablespoons jam
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread peanut butter on 4 slices of bread; spread jelly on other 4 slices of bread.
- Put one slice of each together to form sandwiches.
- In mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk and salt and mix together.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating well.
- Place in skillet and brown both sides.
- Serve immediately.