Recipe by Seejayo
From favorite brand name bake sale cookbook
Top Review by CoffeeB
Note to future reviewers. It's key that you use reduced fat p.b. or else cut back on the amount of shortening used:-( A huge mistake on my part as these cookies were very greasy to work with. The overall taste was great and they baked up somewhat nicely. But..I do feel the amount of oil in this cookie dough was waaayyy too much. I did up the flour by another 1/3 cup but felt that continuing until I got the right consistency would have required incorporating more of the other ingredients. I used both blueberry and strawberry home-made preserves as my filling. Made for TYM Tag~
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar free jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- combine shortening, peanut butter, and vanilla in food processor. process until well blended. Add sugars; process. Add eggs; process. Add flour; pulse until dough begins to form a ball.
- Place dough in medium bowl. Roll 1/2 tbsp dough balls. place 1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheet. make well in the center of each cookie. Fill each with 1/2 tbsp jelly. bake for 10 minutes, cool.