Recipe by Boca Pat
This is for the peanut butter & jelly lovers out there. I've made it for a breakfast treat and also as a dessert. We find it to be good anytime!!! I like it because the ingredients are things you usually have on hand.
Top Review by didyb
It smelled GREAT while cooking, but then was very, very dry. I will try again and this time mix 1/2 cup jelly in the batter, and then spread another 1/2 cup on top. I nuked the jelly before putting on top, and it was very easy to spread. Update 11-26-09-- I doubled the peanut butter and baked at 375. I also decided how I was going to cut it before baking and put a heaping tsp of preserves on top of each serving.
- 473.18 ml Bisquick baking mix
- 29.58 ml sugar (I use Splenda)
- 59.14 ml creamy peanut butter
- 158.51 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml jelly (the flavor you like) or 118.29 ml jam (the flavor you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease layer pan 9X 1 1/2 inches.
- Mix baking mix& sugar.
- Cut in peanut butter.
- Mix in milk and egg.
- Beat vigorously 1/2 minute.
- Spread in pan
- Spoon jelly or jam onto batter and spread thinly
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown Serve warm.