Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm trying to find kid friendly recipes for my picky little girl. What's better than peanut butter and jelly! A few ingredients available in most family kitchens and we have an easy meal to pull out of the freezer.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 pieces (cooked)
- 12 ounces apricot jam
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add chicken and mix.
- Pour into 1 gallon freezer bag and lay flat to freeze.
- To reheat Preheat oven to 350°F Pour thawed chicken mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish, and bake, uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
This was ok but I won't be making it again. The flavor didn't settle into the chicken. There are too many other marinades that are better.
Peanut butter and jelly?! I just had to try this. Hmm, interesting in a good way! This was made and frozen in preparation for a newborn. I just had it for lunch. It still tasted great coming out of the freezer, thawing in the fridge and being heated in the oven. The flavor was quite bold and yummy with brown rice.
Reviewing for ABC Tag. I made this and froze over the weekend. I'm looking forward to having this for lunch. The couple of tastes I had after making it were yummy. I used all orange juice instead of orange and apple. I left out cardamon cause I didn't have any. Very yummy, asian tasting meal, would be great with steamed veggies.