Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Source: Kraft website
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat sugar, peanut butter and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour and salt; beat until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
- Grease foil.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Drop jam by spoonfuls over batter; swirl with knife to marbleize.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.)
- Cool in pan.
- Lift dessert from pan, using foil handles.
- Cut into 24 squares to serve.
These were really a hit with my family! I made them yesterday afternoon, and now there is only one left. The only change I made to the recipe was to use mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. A "keeper" recipe!
These were delicious! I love PB&J and this hit the spot! Perfect for school lunches and playdates!!