Recipe by Whisper
I got this recipe from a friend of mine. These cookies are delicious! As with any bar cookie, they are easier to make than drop cookies. I love these with a glass of milk. Although any flavor jelly can be used, grape is my favorite!
Top Review by DIryshe
Very good tasting with good texture as well! My entire family said,"This deserves a 5", with the exception of my hubby of course. He took an outside edge that was a little more crunchy, and with no teeth had a few problems! LOL
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- grape jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine dry ingredients of streusel; cut in shortening.
- Sprinkle streusel over cookie dough.
- With a small spoon, make 24 depressions in the dough (6x4).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven; press depressions again.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Take out of oven and spoon 1/2 tsp jelly into each depression.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Cool in pan.