I got this recipe from a friend of mine. These cookies are delicious! As with any bar cookie, they are easier to make than drop cookies. I love these with a glass of milk. Although any flavor jelly can be used, grape is my favorite!
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine dry ingredients of streusel; cut in shortening.
- Sprinkle streusel over cookie dough.
- With a small spoon, make 24 depressions in the dough (6x4).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven; press depressions again.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Take out of oven and spoon 1/2 tsp jelly into each depression.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Cool in pan.