Recipe by MirandaLee
These cookies will be a hit with your favorite peanut butter fan.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yum! The whole family loved these. Great lunchbox treat. Used organic grape jelly but strawberry jam would be fantastic. Found it easier to crumble the oat layer on top, and be sure to check it, it may need to bake a bit longer. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter or 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup strawberry jam or 1 cup grape jelly, stirred
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, with electric mixer on medium, beat butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, milk and vanilla until well blended, 1 minute.
- Add egg and beat until just blended.
- Blend flour mixture into wet ingredients on low speed just until incorporated.
- Pat 2/3 of the dough in bottom of pan in an even layer.
- Spread jam or jelly evenly over crust to within ¼ of sides.
- With large spoon, combine remaining dough with oats.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto jam layer.
- Dough will be somewhat stiff.
- Press lightly with fingertips to even out dough layer.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crumb topping is lightly browned and edges pull away from sides of pan.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into 24 bars.