1/8 Photos of Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Courtesy Ina Garten. These are really great and easy to make. The only time consuming part is waiting for them to cool. Barefoot Contessa has done it again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 473.18 ml creamy peanut butter (Skippy)
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml kosher salt
- 354.88 ml raspberry jam or 354.88 ml other jam
- 158.51 ml salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9x13x2" cake pan.
- 3Line it with parchment paper, then grease and flour the pan.
- 4In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes.
- 5With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla, eggs and peanut butter and mix until ingredients are combined.
- 6In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 7With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture.
- 8Mix just until combined.
- 9Spread 2/3 of the dough into the prepared cake pan and spread over the bottom witha knife or offset spatula.
- 10Spread the jam evenly over the dough.
- 11Drop small globs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam.
- 12Don't worry if all the jam isn't covered; it will spread in the oven.
- 13Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- 14Cool and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.6
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 577.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 49.0 g
- Protein 18.4 g