Recipe by COOKGIRl
One of my first authentic childhood recipe creations. It rocks because it satisfies that need for sweet and salty! I had to beg Mom to buy me a bag of Fritos because Mom didn't allow that type of food in the cupboard. Inspired by a thread regarding the 1970's.
- 2 slices white bread, untoasted (now I use country white)
- peter pan peanut butter
- jelly, flavor of choice (mine was grape)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread a generous amount of jelly on one side of a slice of bread. Spread a generous amount of peanut butter on one side of the other slice of bread.
- Grab a handful of Fritos' corn chips and scatter them on one slice of bread. (You can lighlty crush them if you want, but I never did.).
- Place the other slice of bread on top. Cut sandwich in half or quarters if desired.
- Serve sandwich with the remaining bag of Fritos because speaking for myself, I never knew when I'd enjoy another bag of Fritos again.