Recipe by mamamousesays
This recipe is a classic childhood favorite disguised as a guilty treat and if you use organic protein powder it becomes a healthy protein rich power food. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup creamed honey
- 1⁄4 cup protein powder or 1⁄4 cup flour or 1⁄4 cup almond meal or 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, would work
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free jam
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 275.
- blend together peanut butter and honey, make sure its well blended.
- mix in egg.
- add protein powder or dry ingredient of choice.
- mix well.
- roll into balls and place on cookie sheet a couple inches apart.
- press balls down with the bottom of a jar or cup to flatten.
- bake in oven for around 8 minutes until edges are slightly darker brown.
- cookies will be soft but firm up as they cool.
- when cool spread jam on the bottom of one cookie and top with another.
- let sit for 5 minutes (if you can resist) to let jam soak into the cookie a bit.
- gobble up!