Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Brownie pudding cake takes on an irresistible partner- Peanut butter. Together these flavors make this fudgy dessert a winner with kids.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate fudge topping (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, the 1/4 cup sugar, and the baking powder.
- Add milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Transfer batter to an ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- In the same mixing bowl stir together the 1/2 cup sugar and the cocoa powder.
- Gradually stir in the boiling water.
- Pour the mixture evenly over batter in casserole.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven about 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- If desired, top with fudge ice-cream topping.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
I made this for my son's 16th birthday. He is a culinary student and requested lava cake, but when I came across this recipe.....He said it was better than the lava cake. Thank you for sharing this. It was great.
I have not made this, but am looking at a cookbook with same recipe and the vegetable oil amount is 1 tablespoon. Looks good.
My husband LOVED this! Recipe didn't say how much oil to use so I guessed and used 1/4 cup. Very good peanut buttery flavor and the fudge sauce is excellent! I'll definitely make this again!