Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a oohey gooey recipe that came from a recipe book called "A Potful Of Recipes" A Healthy Exchanges cookbook.
- 1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 2 tablespoons Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 1 cup pourable Splenda sugar substitute or 1 cup Sugar Twin
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl,combine baking mix and 1/4 cup Splenda.
- Add skim milk,vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter. Pour batter into prepared container.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup Splenda and cocoa.
- Gradually stir in boiling water.
- Carefully pour mixture over batter in slow cooker.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Serve warm with sugar- and fat-free vanilla ice cream.
This is certainly easy and the cake and sauce turned out well, consistency-wise, but it had too much of the Splenda aftertaste. I think it would be better with a combination of Splenda and sugar (so Splenda blend). Or if I have been "good" with my sugar intake, I may have it as a special treat with just sugar. I used a small crockpot. Don't know if it would work in the larger ones?