A clip out recipe from Cooking Light Magazine. This is one recipe I've not tried but need to clean out my recipe clip-out drawer so I'm putting it here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (for topping batter)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Coat 16 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2Combine flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl; make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- 3Combine brown sugar, honey and peanut butter in a separate bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- 4Add milk, egg whites, and egg to honey mixture and stir well.
- 5Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened and incorporated (do not over-mix or muffins will be dry and crumbly).
- 6Spoon batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle the 2 tbls. of granulated sugar evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- 7Bake for 18 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched in the center.
- 8Remove muffins from the pans immediately and place on a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Honey Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 237.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g