Recipe by HokiesMom
A clip out recipe from Cooking Light Magazine. This is one recipe I've not tried but need to clean out my recipe clip-out drawer so I'm putting it here for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (for topping batter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat 16 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl; make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Combine brown sugar, honey and peanut butter in a separate bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add milk, egg whites, and egg to honey mixture and stir well.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened and incorporated (do not over-mix or muffins will be dry and crumbly).
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle the 2 tbls. of granulated sugar evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched in the center.
- Remove muffins from the pans immediately and place on a wire rack to cool.