Recipe by Ambervim
I like these as they are not dead sweet like some are. Just honey peanutty goodness.
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup raw almonds, toasted
- 1 1⁄4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To toast almonds, spread out evenly on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You should be able to smell a nutty aroma when they are done.
- Add peanut butter, honey and vanilla in a large saucepan and heat until the peanut butter melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Press into an 8x8 dish and let sit until firm.
- Cut into bars and wrap in plastic wrap.