Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Asian influence...goes together quickly.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 green onions, include some green, sliced
- cooked rice
- Clean and dry chicken.
- Place in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together rest of ingredients.
- Spoon over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low about 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over cooked rice.
This had a really nice flavour. I did add some garlic as well. I found the peanut butter mix tended to harden on the chicken though. I added some milk to thin it out for a sauce. It worked quite well. Good recipe.
I was disappointed with this. The sauce tasted wonderful, but it wound up being more of a paste. So instead of having peanut-butter-&-ginger-flavored chicken, I wound up with chicken-flavored chicken and some yummy stuff perched on top. (I have to add that the kids didn't like the "yummy stuff" at all, but I didn't let that affect my rating, because they don't like anything.)